Help The Truth

Monday, September 1, 2008

Islam in practice-On man's duty towards others

Dear all;

through some emails I have realized that one of the most important aspects of ANY religion is the extent to which it is involved in each person's or a society's affairs. Thus I have decided to look for the involvement of Islamic teachings concerning social rules and regulations. Through my research I have found out that Islam is an infinit source of such information and tries and claims to give ALL people, not just a particular group, all the rules and regulations they may need in earthly life. What I have found out is very interesting to read.

Eli

THE DUTY OF MAN TOWARDS HIS PARENTS

Parents are the means of the creation of a child and the imparters of his initial education and training; therefore, the holy religion of Islam has placed a great deal of emphasis on children's obeying to them and on their respect to an extent that the Almighty Allah has commanded the people to be kind and generous to their parents right after mentioning Tawhid (the Oneness of Allah) and states:
"And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him and has commanded goodness to your parents...(17:23)."

In ahadith enumerating mortal sins, misconduct towards parents ranks second to shirk (polytheism). The Almighty Allah states:

"...If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them generous words. And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion, and say: 'O my Lord! have compassion on them, similar to what they had on me when they brought me up (when I was) little' (17:23-24)."

How well did an old woman say to her child when she saw him powerful and bulky.
If you recalled your childhoodWhen you were helpless in my arms,You would not treat me unkindly todayAs you are a brave man and I am an old woman.

In the holy religion of Islam, obedience of the parents is wajib (compulsary) except in the case when they order the children to give up one of the wajib deeds of religion or perform a religiously haram act. It has been proven by experience that those who tease their parents do not remain happy and prosperous in their lives and consequently they will not attain salvation.

No comments: