Help The Truth

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

One whole chapter on "MARY"!


I have found a whole chapter in the Quran entitled "Mary" and was quite amazed. It seems that the moslims have a very high regard of Jesus Christe and his mother Mary. I will post some parts of the chapter and would be eagerly waiting to hear about your thoughtful response.In another chapter I read that the Quran denounces some people of the book for slandering Mary of unchastity and promises punishment for those who consider her not pure.


Mary

(II) * Mention in the Book how Mary withdrew from her people to an Eastem place. * She chose to be secluded from them. We sent her Our spirit, who presented himself to her as a full-grown human being. *She said: "I take refuge with the Mercy-giving from you, unless you are someone who does his duty."* He said: 'I am only your Lord's messenger to bestow a clean-living boy on you," ** She said: "How shall I have a boy when no human beinghas ever touched me, nor am I a loose woman?" * He said: "Thus yourLord has said: "It is a simple matter for Me [to do]. We will grant him as a sign for mankind and a mercy from Ourself." It is a matter that has been decided."* So she conceived him, and withdrew to a remote place to have him. *Labor pains came over her by the trunk of a datepalm. She said: "If only I had died before this, and been forgotten, overlooked!"* Someone called out to her from below where she was: "Dont feel so sad! Your Lord has placed a brook at your feet. ** Shake the trunk of the datepalm towards you so it will drop some fresh dates on you. Eat and drink, and refresh yourself. Should you see even a single human being, then say: "I have vowed to keep a fast to the Mercy-giving whereby I'll never speak to any person today!"'* She carried him back to her family. They said: "Mary, you have brought something hard to believe! * Kinswoman of Aaron, your father was no evil man, nor was your mother a loose woman." * She pointed to him. They said: "How shall we talk to someone who is a child in the cradle?"

Jesus's Speech As a Child

** He said: "I am God's servant. He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. * He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and commissioned me to pray and [pay] the welfare tax so long as I live;and [to act] considerate towards my mother. He has not made me domineering, hard to get along with. * Peace be on the day I was born,and the day I shall die and the day I am raised to life again!"* Such was Jesus, the son of Mary; [it is] a true statement which they are still puzzling over. It is not God's role to adopt a son. Glory be to Him! Whenever He determines upon some matter, He merely tells it:"Be!", and it is. * God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him[Alone]. This is a Straight Road [to follow].* Factions have differed among themselves, yet how awful will it be for those who disbelieve when it comes to the spectacle on such a dreadful day! * Listen to them and watch for the day when they will come to Us; though wrongdoers are in obvious error even today. * Warn them of the Day of Regret when the matter will be decided; they act so heedless and still do not believe. ** It is We Who will inherit the earth plus anyone on it; to Us shall they return.

No comments: