Help The Truth

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Prayer of the Repenters

Dear Friends;
Surfing through different sites on the web I came across this prayer in a site which I have put in my sidebar (www.al-islam.org). The prayer is from a very famous person, someone the Shia moslems call the Imam, in this special case Imam Sajjad and his book Sahifa al Sajjadiyah(Munajat).

There are many more prayers each relating to a special case between the Lord and mankind.

I found the wording so intimate and beautiful that I thought it a pity not to share it with everybody else.

It seemed as though I had always wanted to talk to the Lord in this way but had never found quite the right words to say what I wanted to.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well

Would love to hear your response and feelings after reading it.

Bless you all

Eli

*Note: Allah is an Islamic word for the Lord or God.


The Whispered Prayer of the Repenters

1- In the Name of ALLAH, the All-merciful, the All-compassionate
2- My God, offenses have clothed me in the garment of my lowliness,
3 -separation from Thee has wrapped me in the clothing of my misery!
4- My dreadful crimes have deadened my heart, so bring it to life by a repentance from Thee!
5- O my hope and my aim!
6- O my wish and my want!
7- By Thy might,َ
8- I find no one but Thee to forgive my sins
9- and I see none but Thee to mend my brokenness!
10- I have subjected myself to Thee in repeated turning,
11- I have humbled myself to Thee in abasement.
12- If Thou castest me out from Thy door, in whom shall I take shelter?
13- If Thou repellest me from Thy side, in whom shall I seek refuge?
14- O my grief at my ignominy and disgrace!
15- O my sorrow at my evil works and what I have committed!
16- I ask Thee,
17- O Forgiver of great sins,
18- O Mender of broken bones,
19- to overlook my ruinous misdeeds
20- and cover my disgraceful secret thoughts!
21- At the witnessing place of the Resurrection, empty me not of the coolness of Thy pardon and forgiveness,
22- and strip me not of Thy beautiful forbearance and covering!
23- My God,
24- let the cloud of Thy mercy cast its shadow upon my sins
25- and send the billow of Thy clemency flowing over my faults!
26- My God,
27- Does the runaway servant go back but to His master?
28- Or does any anyone grant sanctuary to him form His angert but He?
29- My God,
30- if remorse for sins is a repentance,—by Thy might—am one of the remorseful!
31- If praying forgiveness for offenses is an alleviation, I am one of those who pray forgiveness!
32- To Thee I return that Thou may be well pleased!
33- My God, through Thy power over me, turn toward me,
34- through Thy clemency toward me, pardon me,
35- and through Thy knowledge of me, be gentle toward me!
36- My God, Thou art He who hast opened a door to Thy pardon and named it 'repentance', for Thou said,
37- (Repent to ALLAH with unswerving repentance).
38- What is the excuse of him who remains heedless of entering the door after its opening?
39- My God,
40- though the sins of Thy servant are ugly, Thy pardon is beautiful.
41- My God I am not the first
42- to have disobeyed Thee, and Thou turned toward him,
43- or to have sought to attain Thy favour, and Thou wert munificent toward him.
44- O Responder to the distressed!
45- O Remover of injury!
46- O Great in goodness!
47- O Knower of everything secret!
48- O Beautiful through covering over!
49- I seek Thy munificence and Thy generosity to intercede with Thee,
50- I seek Thy side and Thy showing mercy to mediate with Thee,
51- so grant my supplication,
52- disappoint not my hope in Thee,
53- accept my repentance,
54- and hide my offense, through Thy kindness and mercy, O Most Merciful of the merciful!


No comments: